Mar Gregorios Syriac Orthodox Students Association
Welcome to St. Ignatious Youth League Corner. Our Youth League currently
consists more than fifty members, ranging from young adults in ninth
grade to those in and beyond college. With the careful guidance from
our spiritual leaders, Very Rev Kavumkal Mathews Corepiscopos and Rev. Dn. Renjan Mathew, along with the other elder youths and parents in our church,
we hope to become a more active fellowship. By involving
ourselves in activities within the church as well as in the Dallas
community, we hope to grow spiritually as a group.
"More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope foes not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us." Roman 5: 3-5
- To develop a meaningful relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ,
- To preserve the Malankara Syriac Orthodox faith,
- To serve our parish and society, and
- To provide a positive example for future generations.
- As an Ignitor, I am a servant of God
- I will light the fire and let it burn
- I am not perfect but through my mistakes will I learn
- I will represent my church no matter what
- I will always listen and not say 'why' or 'but'
- I will lead the youth through nothing but truth
- To represent St. Ignatious is not a maybe but must
- I will praise the Lord's name in perfect trust
- I will lead the way with Gods light
- And when it is my turn, I will ignite.
Besides holding Regional Youth League Conferences, we plan to increase our volunteer activities in the Dallas area. In the past, our youth group volunteered with facilities in Dallas such as Children’s Medical Center, and St. Jude’s Hospital, which supports kids with terminal illnesses. We hope to make it a monthly event to either visit the needy or assist various organizations in the Dallas area. For instance, we have for the past three years conducted a canned food drive in collaboration with our Sunday School, which have been donated to the Dallas Life Foundation. God willing, our plan is to continue these traditions while also creating new ventures for spiritual growth. We hope and pray that the Almighty God will continue to guide and bless us in the future.
Visit "National MGSOSA"
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3: 5-6)